A Man’s Head
Some days I hurt.
Some days I grieve.
Some days I am afraid.
But I am not allowed to show it.
I wake up depressed.
I wake up stressed.
I wake up lost.
Yet I still have to continue the day.
I carry responsibilities
when I barely have the strength to carry myself.
I hide my pain.
I hide my emotions.
I hide my thoughts.
I smile when I don’t feel like smiling.
I say, “I’m okay,” when I’m anything but.
I keep moving when all I want to do
is stop for a moment and breathe.
Because people expect me to be strong.
To handle my business.
To keep it together.
To never break.
So I suffer in silence.
I fight battles no one sees.
I carry weight no one knows I’m carrying.
And I wonder?
Who takes care of the man
That is always taking care of everything else?
This is what I was taught a man does.
He doesn’t cry.
He doesn’t complain.
He doesn’t fall apart.
He just keeps going.
Even when he’s hurting.
Even when he’s grieving.
Even when he’s afraid.
He keeps going .
No comments:
Post a Comment